Executive Career Coach - 6 Things to Look for When Hiring a Career Coach
In this video, I’m talking about the topic of "how to hire and work with an executive career coach", "hiring a career coach", "working with a coach", "career coaching", "career counselling" if you're thinking about hiring one. When you think about wanting to make a career change, a life coach or career advisor will help you along this journey to your new career. If you're asking "do I need career counselling?", "should I hire a career coach?", "how to work with a career coach", I'm here to help.
Specifically, I give you 6 keys to consider that will help you while you’re searching for a career coach:
1. Will he/she “teach and guide” or will it be a “done for you” kind of deal?
2. Do they have a background in your field?
3. Are they specific or generic?
4. Do you have a good ‘sense’ of their abilities?
5. Are they luring you with ‘connections’ in the field?
6. Focused, strategic plan vs. open-ended and unclear?
This video originally appeared here